It was a warm-ish night... clear skies... you know what that means... TENNIS!!!
Tennis is one of the things in life I truly enjoy. It doesn't matter if I'm playing a pro, sprinting from line to to line, or a kid, spending most of my time chasing balls... I just love tennis.

I started playing tennis when I was 12... and haven't stopped since. During the summer between my junior and senior year I worked as a tennis instructor teaching kids from 4 years old to 17. (We used balloons for the 4 year olds)
I have had so many good conversations with people because of tennis. Sometimes you can have great chats chilling after a good match... or even when casually hitting the ball. I have made friends because of tennis.
On my mission I even taught some people tennis, and their family got baptized (not because of tennis obviously, but I have good memories of it)... I bought tennis rackets in every area and left them in the apartments so that the love of tennis would spread across the mission... and low and behold... we had a few great Tennis P-days.
When I busted my knee Oct 2009, and couldn't play sports for a year, I missed tennis most of all. (that and walking)... and now I'm getting back into it. I love teaching other people tennis, seeing them discover why I love the sport so much.
When I'm playing tennis... all I'm thinking or worrying about is a ball and a net... my problems go on recess for a while... and I get to just enjoy the best sport in the world.
1 comment:
I want you to teach me. I will pay. In food.
Post a Comment