Since I was a kid I've been interested in architecture, design and landscaping. I may or may not have ridden my childhood bike to a favorite house in a nearby development so that I could draw it. My early journals have many such drawings.

I didn't draw this one... my childhood drawings are in Seattle.
There were many nights I couldn't sleep because my mind was wrestling with crown moldings, Japanese maples and dormer windows. I know better now: Do not think about houses before bed.
I fail at this... my roommates can tell you how many nights they find me on the couch watching HGTV (channel 58) I will flip it to ESPN (channel 24) so they can see the scores... then back to 58 for "House Hunters" or "Curb Appeal" or "Divine Design" or "Holmes Inspection" or "Property Income"... I could go on... really I could.
Today, my speech anatomy lecture was particularly uninteresting, so naturally I start drawing house layouts. I incorporated my new favorite entryway layout, which was discovered in a building earlier this semester. In this particular house I can't figure out where the door to the garage should be, this frustrated me... but I've moved on.
A few days ago my brother surprised me with something he knew I would love. Sims City 3. I do not play the game... I just design the buildings/ landscapes. I really enjoy it, but get frustrated that the perfect layout in my head doesn't transfer easily and perfectly on the game... oh well. Those sims people don't realize how lucky they are to live in such sophisticated style.
Anyway... I like houses... I have many a dream home in my head... they'll just stay there for now, keeping me up at night.
2 comments:
Wait... he got you The Sims 3?!?!?! Lucky! I've wanted it since before it came out (to actually play) but it's expensive and I know that I won't do anything else if I have it. You're a lucky man, Blake Fisher.
He has it on his computer and when I go over to eat his food or use his washer and dryer, I can design.
Post a Comment